Our happy, supportive, and tremendously successful school was recently certified as one of the best in the world by British Schools Overseas. We are now looking for a teacher or cover supervisor to work across a variety of year groups, according to suitability, to join us immediately.
If you are a UK-trained, have experience of working with the National Curriculum of England and you have a creative, positive and professional attitude – we would love to hear from you.
As part of the team, you will be responsible for facilitating high quality cover lessons to engage and challenge students. You will have high standards and expectations in all aspects of your work.
To be considered for a vacancy, you should:
· Hold a good bachelor’s degree from a reputable UK university. This role may be suitable for someone who is interested in qualifying as a teacher.
· Have experience of teaching or working with the English National Curriculum in a school.
· Demonstrate knowledge or understanding of linked or continuous provision.
· Be keen to develop your career, supported by our world-class professional development.
· Genuinely love what you do – showing plenty of enthusiasm, creativity and energy.
· Be a real team player, always prepared to go the extra mile and support your colleagues as we reach our goal: to become the best International School in the world.
We can also consider applications from outstanding Early Career Teachers (ECT/NQT,) whom we can support through to award of Qualified Teacher Status.
QIS is one of the best international schools both in the nation of Qatar and in the wider Middle East region – we are one of only three schools in the world to hold BSO’s ‘Gold Standard’. Our recent BSO report wrote:
‘The school is highly effective in enabling all students to develop their personal skills and qualities. Students are thoughtful, well behaved, treat others with respect and have well developed social skills.’
‘The school is held in high regard by the wider community and parents. Students are proud to be members of the school and value the opportunities it provides.’
‘Positive relationships between staff and students create a learning environment where students feel safe and valued. Students are engaged and interested in their learning.’
We offer a generous tax-free package including numerous other benefits according to personal circumstances:
· A friendly, supportive environment in one of the best British International Schools in the world – CIS fast-track accredited and holders of the British Schools Overseas (BSO) Gold Award.
· World-class training and development opportunities.
· Highly competitive monthly salary.
· Free furnished private accommodation with all utility bills paid.
· Free return flights home each year.
· Generous paid annual leave.
· Free or discounted school places, flights, and medical insurance for children.
· Allowances for extra baggage and legal documents.
· Comprehensive private medical insurance for Qatar and your home country.
· Enhanced end-of-service gratuity package for long servers.
· Unlimited sunshine in the one of the world’s wealthiest and safest countries!
Application and interview
Please apply by emailing us your CV and a brief covering letter to Recruitment@qis.org we don’t believe in long, pointless application forms!
Initial interviews may be conducted online or face-to-face if the candidate is in Qatar. Successful candidates will be fully supported all the way through to their joining day – and beyond.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of excellent applications we receive, we are unable to notify those who have not been shortlisted.