Position Title: School Psychologist
Start date: January 2022
Salary: Excellent tax-free package including competitive basic salary plus additional allowances; free furnished, private accommodation; free return flights home each year; generous paid annual leave; free school places and flights for dependent children; full company sponsorship if needed; and comprehensive private medical insurance.
Qatar International School’s professional, supportive, and tremendously successful team was recently certified one of the best in the world by British Schools Overseas. And we are now looking for a qualified and experienced school psychologist to join us in January 2022.
The school psychologist will be a key contributor to our commitment to student and staff welfare. By proactively offering expertise in areas relating to mental health; emotional wellbeing; and social, academic and behavioural support, they will contribute to our students’ ability to learn and our staff’s ability to continue their outstanding work.
This is a brand-new role for Qatar International School, so the job description will be tailored around the strengths, skills and experiences of the successful candidate.
QIS is one of the best British international schools both in the nation of Qatar and in the wider MENA region. Our students achieve some of the highest results in the world.
We follow the latest National Curriculum for England, and all our non-Arabic teachers have either taught or been trained under the UK system. We have over 2,000 students ranging from 3 to 18 years of age.
Education is highly valued in Qatar. This means our school enjoys working with extremely supportive parents and wonderfully enthusiastic, highly motivated students.
In addition to having a positive, proactive, and highly professional attitude, with plenty of enthusiasm and energy, the successful applicant will:
- Hold a good degree in psychology or a closely related area, plus relevant professional qualifications and training.
- Be licensed to practice psychology in their home country and eligible to obtain a clinical psychologist license from Qatar Council for Healthcare Practitioners (QCHP).
- Demonstrate significant experience of supporting young people to ensure they can take full advantage of a high-quality education. This will include a proven ability to identify issues, make assessments and tailor support for students’ individual needs.
- Demonstrate significant experience of supporting adults with their mental health and emotional wellbeing in a professional setting.
- Ideally have experience setting up a psychological counselling service in a similar environment, as this is a brand-new role for the school.
- Show they can collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders in related areas, including SEND, careers advice, pastoral staff, medical and education organisations, and students’ families.
- Have exceptional time management, organisation, ICT and administration skills.
- Speak, read, and write fluent English (mother tongue). The ability to communicate in other languages – especially Arabic – may be considered an advantage but is not necessary.
Working at Qatar International School
Our staff are our most precious resource. The professional and personal welfare of our team are of utmost importance, so we offer one of the best employment packages around. For sponsored overseas staff, this includes:
- A competitive, tax-free salary and end-of-service gratuity.
- Free annual return flights with initial and final excess baggage allowance.
- High quality, fully furnished accommodation in our purpose-built staff compound.
- Comprehensive private medical insurance.
- Additional allowances for travel to work and utilities.
- Extremely generous paid annual leave, including Qatar public holidays.
- Complete support with relocation to Qatar, including help and advice with necessary paperwork, administration, and additional financial support on arrival.
- An unrivalled package of induction and continuous professional development, supported by our own UK-based appraisal system.
In addition, we pride ourselves on supporting our staff – both financially and with time – in their further education. We access the best training opportunities from all over the world, sending staff out and bringing highly skilled practitioners in.
This means fantastic opportunities for promotion and professional development.
Our supportive, experienced team are committed to ensuring new staff settle in as quickly and comfortably as possible.
If you’d like to join our team, we’d love to hear from you today.
Please email your full CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. Your covering letter should outline your qualifications, skills, experience, how you meet the criteria, and why you want to work with us.
All applicants must meet the minimum requirements listed in the section ‘About you’. We will contact shortlisted candidates to arrange an initial interview, which may be online if the candidate is not in Qatar.
The successful candidate will be asked to provide fully attested qualification documents (assistance with this will be provided), professional references, and police clearances from all countries of adult residence.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are unable to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted.