· Beginning of the 2023 academic year
· Full-time, indefinite, fully sponsored
· tax-free package including:
o Competitive basic salary plus additional allowances – all tax-free.
o Free furnished private accommodation with all utility bills paid.
o Free return flights home each year.
o Generous paid annual leave.
o Free school places, flights, and medical insurance for children.
o Allowances for extra baggage and legal documents.
o Comprehensive private medical insurance for Qatar and your home country.
o Enhanced end-of-service gratuity package for long servers.
o Unlimited sunshine in Qatar– consistently ranked as one of the world’s wealthiest and safest countries!
QIS is a world-class British International school, offering an outstanding level of education to its students. Our learning focused, caring, and creative school was judged to be one of the best schools in the world by British Schools Overseas (BSO). We are now looking for an outstanding Primary specialist DT teacher to join us for the start of the academic year 2023/24. The appointed person to this post will work in liaison with the Secondary DT department to ensure we have consistent approach and pathway from Primary into Secondary. Secondary trained DT Teachers are welcome to apply.
If you are an enthusiastic teacher, with a passion for teaching DT across the Primary age-range– we’d love to hear from you.
As part of the Primary team, you will be responsible for planning and delivering the highest quality lessons to classes of students across Years 1-6. You will have high standards and expectations in every element of your work.
To be considered for a vacancy, you should:
· Hold relevant qualifications, including a good bachelor’s degree from a UK university, plus a PGCE.
· Have a passion for, and experience of, teaching DT across the Primary age-range
· Be adaptable to working with students across Years 1-6 as timetabled
· Be visionary and creative in the implementation of new schemes of work
· Evaluate pupil performance and identify priorities for continuous improvement;
· Have the ability to motivate, challenge and inspire students
· Have experience working in a similar school environment and raising outcomes for students of all academic levels
· Be keen to develop your career, supported by our world-class professional development opportunities.
· Genuinely love what you do – showing enthusiasm, creativity, and energy.
· Be a real team player, always prepared to go the extra mile, spread positivity and support your colleagues as we reach our goal: to become best International School in the world.
We can also consider applications from outstanding Early Career Teacher’s (ECTs), whom we can support through to award of Qualified Teacher Status.
QIS is one of the best international schools both in the State of Qatar and in the wider Middle East region. We are one of only few schools in the world to hold BSO’s ‘Gold Standard’ having been judged to be outstanding in all areas assessed.
Our 2020 BSO report wrote:
‘The school is highly effective in enabling all students to develop their personal skills and qualities. Students are thoughtful, well behaved, treat others with respect and have well developed social skills.’
‘The school is held in high regard by the wider community and parents. Students are proud to be members of the school and value the opportunities it provides.’
‘Positive relationships between staff and students create a learning environment where students feel safe and valued. Students are engaged and interested in their learning.’
We follow the latest National Curriculum for England, and all our non-Arabic teachers have either taught or been trained under the UK system. We have about 2,000 students on roll ranging from 3 to 18 years of age.
We provide an outstanding education to all our students, including those who need SEN provision. These include our most gifted and talented young people, those who need English language support, and any children with specific learning difficulties.
Send us your CV and a brief covering letter to email@example.com
Initial interviews will be conducted online and successful candidates will be fully supported all the way through to their first day at QIS (and beyond!).
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of excellent applications we receive, we are unable to notify those who have not been shortlisted.