Our happy, supportive, and tremendously successful Primary team has been certified one of the best in the world by British Schools Overseas. We are now looking for a Cover Supervisor to work across all year groups.
If you are a UK-trained Cover Supervisor with experience of delivering the national curriculum of England – and you have a creative, positive and professional attitude – we would love to hear from you.
As part of the Primary team, you will be responsible for delivering the best quality cover to engage and challenge students. You will have high standards and expectations in every element of your work.
To be considered for a vacancy, you should:
· Hold a good bachelor’s degree from a reputable UK university. This role may be suitable for someone who is interested in qualifying as a teacher.
· Have experience of teaching the English national curriculum in a Primary School.
· Demonstrate good knowledge or understanding of continuous provision.
· Be keen to develop your career, supported by our world-class professional development.
· Genuinely love what you do – showing plenty of enthusiasm, creativity and energy.
· Be a real team player, always prepared to go the extra mile and support your colleagues as we reach our goal: to become the best International School in the world.
We can also consider applications from outstanding Early Career Teachers (NQTs), whom we can support through to award of Qualified Teacher Status.
QIS is one of the best international schools both in the State of Qatar and in the wider Middle East region. We are one of only few schools in the world to hold BSO’s ‘Gold Standard’ having been judged to be outstanding in all areas assessed.
Our 2020 BSO report wrote:
‘The school is highly effective in enabling all students to develop their personal skills and qualities. Students are thoughtful, well behaved, treat others with respect and have well developed social skills.’
‘The school is held in high regard by the wider community and parents. Students are proud to be members of the school and value the opportunities it provides.’
‘Positive relationships between staff and students create a learning environment where students feel safe and valued. Students are engaged and interested in their learning.’
We follow the latest National Curriculum for England, and all our non-Arabic teachers have either taught or been trained under the UK system. We have about
2,000 students on roll ranging from 3 to 18 years of age.
We provide an outstanding education to all our students, including those who need SEN provision. These include our most gifted and talented young people, those who need English language support, and any children with specific learning difficulties.
We offer a generous tax-free package including:
· A friendly, supportive environment in one of the best British International Schools in the world – CIS fast-track accredited and one of only three globally to hold the British Schools Overseas (BSO) Gold Award.
· World-class training and development opportunities.
· Highly competitive monthly salary.
· Free furnished private accommodation with all utility bills paid.
· Free return flights home each year.
· Generous paid annual leave.
· Free school places, flights, and medical insurance for children.
· Allowances for extra baggage and legal documents.
· Comprehensive private medical insurance for Qatar and your home country.
· Enhanced end-of-service gratuity package for long servers.
· Unlimited sunshine in the recent World Cup 2022 host nation – consistently ranked as one of the world’s wealthiest and safest countries!
Application and interview
We don’t believe in long, pointless application forms! We just need you to send us your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com that explains why you want to join us at Qatar International School, and what you can bring to the team.
Initial interviews may be conducted online, or face-to-face if the candidate is in Qatar. Successful candidates will be fully supported all the way through to their joining day – and far beyond.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of excellent applications we receive for such a small number of vacancies, we are unable to notify those who have not been shortlisted.