Primary Class Teachers – Early Years to Key Stage 2
- Start date: Beginning of the 2023 academic year
- Contract: Full-time, indefinite, fully sponsored
- Generous tax-free package including:
- Competitive basic salary plus additional allowances – all tax-free.
- Free furnished private accommodation with all utility bills paid.
- Free return flights home each year.
- Generous paid annual leave.
- Free school places, flights, and medical insurance for children.
- Allowances for extra baggage and legal documents.
- Comprehensive private medical insurance for Qatar and your home country.
- Enhanced end-of-service gratuity package for long servers.
- Unlimited sunshine in Qatar – consistently ranked as one of the world’s wealthiest and safest countries!
Our happy, supportive, and tremendously successful primary team was recently certified one of the best in the world by British Schools Overseas. And we are now looking for outstanding Primary classroom teachers to join us from Early Years up to Key Stage 2.
If you are a UK-qualified teacher with experience of delivering the national curriculum of England at your chosen year group/ Key Stage – and you have a creative, positive and professional attitude – we would love to hear from you.
As part of the primary team, you will be responsible for planning and delivering the best quality lessons to engage and challenge your students. You will have high standards and expectations in every element of your work.
To be considered for a vacancy, you should:
- Hold a good bachelor’s degree and PGCE qualification from a reputable UK university.
- Have experience of teaching the English national curriculum.
- Demonstrate good knowledge and understanding.
- Be keen to develop your career, supported by our world-class professional development.
- Genuinely love what you do – showing plenty of enthusiasm, creativity and energy.
- Be a real team player, always prepared to go the extra mile and support your colleagues as we reach our goal: to become the best International School in the world.
We can also consider applications from outstanding newly qualified teachers (ECTs), whom we can support through to award of Qualified Teacher Status.
QIS is one of the best international schools both in the nation of Qatar and in the wider Middle East region – we are one of a selected number of schools in the world to hold BSO’s ‘Gold Standard’. Our recent BSO report (2020) wrote:
‘The school is highly effective in enabling all students to develop their personal skills and qualities. Students are thoughtful, well behaved, treat others with respect and have well developed social skills.’
‘The school is held in high regard by the wider community and parents. Students are proud to be members of the school and value the opportunities it provides.’
‘Positive relationships between staff and students create a learning environment where students feel safe and valued. Students are engaged and interested in their learning.’
Our primary school – currently comprised of about 1,000 students – is a vibrant, fun and multicultural place of learning. It offers an engaging and warm environment, where children and staff alike are encouraged to investigate and develop their curiosity.
Across each Key Stage, our students enjoy a creative, skills based, curriculum delivered through ‘I wonder’ and continuous provision (EYFS), thematic/linked provision (KS1), and thematic learning (KS2). Specialist lessons for Arabic, Islamic Studies, PE, French, Music, and DT form part of students’ personalised timetables, supporting further our broad and balanced curriculum offer. Our class teachers are highly trained in programmes such as Talk 4 Writing and Read-Write-Inc, which we use to enrich the children’s learning. Classes are supported by trained, qualified, and experienced Learning Support Practitioners.
Application and interview
We don’t believe in long, pointless application forms! Please apply by emailing us your CV and a brief covering letter explaining why you’d be a great fit for QIS.
Initial interviews may be conducted online or face-to-face if the candidate is in Qatar. Successful candidates will be fully supported all the way through to their joining day – and beyond.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of excellent applications we receive, we are unable to notify those who have not been shortlisted.
Our world-class British International School, based in central Doha, is looking for a small number of outstanding primary class teachers to join us for the new academic year, beginning of 2023 academic year. We can’t wait to hear from you.