· Beginning of the 2023 academic year
· Full-time, indefinite, fully sponsored
· tax-free package including:
o Competitive basic salary plus additional allowances – all tax-free.
o Free furnished private accommodation with all utility bills paid.
o Free return flights home each year.
o Generous paid annual leave.
o Free school places, flights, and medical insurance for children.
o Allowances for extra baggage and legal documents.
o Comprehensive private medical insurance for Qatar and your home country.
o Enhanced end-of-service gratuity package for long servers.
o Unlimited sunshine in one of the world’s wealthiest and safest countries.
Our professional, supportive and tremendously successful secondary team was recently certified one of the best in the world by British Schools Overseas (BSO).
We are now looking for an outstanding Secondary Art Teacher to join us for the start of the 2023 academic year.
As part of the secondary team, you will be responsible for planning and delivering the best quality Art lessons to engage and challenge your students. You will have high standards and expectations in every element of your work.
To be considered for a vacancy, you should:
· Hold relevant qualifications, including a good bachelor’s degree in Art or a closely related subject, plus a PGCE.
· Have experience of teaching Art at Key Stages 3 and 4 (Key Stage 5 desirable).
· Have extensive experience working in a similar school environment and raising outcomes for students of all academic levels.
· Be keen to develop your career, supported by our world-class professional development opportunities.
· Genuinely love what you do – showing enthusiasm, creativity, and energy.
· Be a real team player, always prepared to go the extra mile, spread positivity, and support your colleagues as we reach our goal: to become best International School in the world.
We can also consider applications from outstanding newly qualified teachers (NQTs), whom we can support through to award of Qualified Teacher Status.
Our 2020 BSO report wrote:
‘The school is highly effective in enabling all students to develop their personal skills and qualities. Students are thoughtful, well behaved, treat others with respect and have well developed social skills.’
‘The school is held in high regard by the wider community and parents. Students are proud to be members of the school and value the opportunities it provides.’
‘Positive relationships between staff and students create a learning environment where students feel safe and valued. Students are engaged and interested in their learning.’
We follow the latest National Curriculum for England, and all our non-Arabic teachers have either taught or been trained under the UK system. We have about 2,000 students ranging from 3 to 18 years of age.
We provide an outstanding education to all our students, who regularly achieve some of the best results in the world.
Application and interview
We do not believe in long, pointless application forms! Please apply by emailing us your CV and a brief covering letter to Recruitment@qis.org explaining why you will be a great fit for QIS.
Initial interviews may be conducted online or face-to-face if the candidate is in Qatar. Successful candidates will be fully supported all the way through to their joining day – and beyond.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of
excellent applications we receive, we are unable to notify those who have not