Outstanding Primary and Secondary Arabic Teachers
- Start date: Beginning of the 2022 academic year
- Contract: Full-time, indefinite, local hire (must have own sponsorship)
- Generous tax-free package including:
- Competitive monthly salary.
- Generous paid annual leave.
- Comprehensive private medical insurance for Qatar and your home country.
- Enhanced end-of-service gratuity package for long servers.
Our professional, supportive, and tremendously successful school was recently certified one of the best in the world by British Schools Overseas (BSO).
Due to expansion of our Arabic, Qatar History, and Islamic Studies department, we are now looking for a small number of qualified Arabic teachers to join us for the start of the 2022 academic year.
If you have a degree in Arabic plus teaching experience and a creative, positive, professional attitude, we would love to hear from you.
You will be responsible for planning and delivering the best quality Arabic lessons to engage and challenge your students. You will have high standards and expectations in every element of your work.
To be considered for a vacancy, you should:
- Have a degree in Arabic and a teaching qualification.
- Have good experience of teaching Arabic in a similar school environment and raising outcomes for students of all academic levels.
- Speak, read, and write English to a very high level.
- Be keen to develop your career, supported by our world-class professional development opportunities.
- Genuinely love what you do – showing enthusiasm, creativity, and energy.
- Be a real team player, always prepared to go the extra mile, spread positivity, and support your colleagues as we reach our goal: to become thebest International School in the world.
QIS is one of the best international schools both in the nation of Qatar and in the wider Middle East region – we are one of only three schools in the world to hold BSO’s ‘Gold Standard’.
Our 2020 BSO report wrote:
‘The school is highly effective in enabling all students to develop their personal skills and qualities. Students are thoughtful, well behaved, treat others with respect and have well developed social skills.’
‘The school is held in high regard by the wider community and parents. Students are proud to be members of the school and value the opportunities it provides.’
‘Positive relationships between staff and students create a learning environment where students feel safe and valued. Students are engaged and interested in their learning.’
We follow the latest National Curriculum for England, and all our non-Arabic teachers have either taught or been trained under the UK system. We have about 2,000 students ranging from 3 to 18 years of age.
We provide an outstanding education to all our students, who regularly achieve some of the best results in the world.
Application and interview
Please email us your CV and a brief covering letter in English and in Arabic.
Initial interviews may be conducted online or face-to-face if the candidate is in Qatar. Successful candidates will be fully supported all the way through to their joining day – and beyond.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of excellent applications we receive, we are unable to notify those who have not been shortlisted.