Leaving Policy and the Discontinuation Notice
Leaving Qatar International School
When the student is leaving the school, parents must give the school four weeks’ notice of the leaving date and this must be submitted online. Where insufficient notice is given, the leaving date shall be calculated as four weeks after the date of the leaving notice.
Official certificates, documents and reports CANNOT be given unless ALL books are retuned and all fees are paid.
What to do before you leave the school. Please do not leave this until the last day
- Return all books to the librarian once you have decided you will no longer use them. Please do not leave this until the last day
- All books must be returned, and monies paid at least 1 week before your final leaving date.
- If you have lost any of your books, the librarian will issue you an invoice for payment.
- Lost books will be charged at 200QR per textbook and 100QR per library book.
- Once you have paid the cashier for lost book(s), the librarian can clear your account.
- The letters will be ready for collection one working day after your request is submitted.
- The leaving certificate will be only be issued after or on the last day of the child’s attendance.
- In the case that you are leaving the country, the attendance certificate printed from the Ministry’s website MUST be attested by the local authorities
- QIS only issues its letters in English.
- If you wish to have a QIS letter in Arabic, please translate our English version and we will be happy to sign and stamp it.