Learning Support Practitioner
- Start date: November 2021.
- Contract: Unlimited duration with 6 months’ probation period. Local hire (own sponsorship) only. Must have fully attested qualifications and police clearance certificates from all countries of adult residence.
- Package: Competitive basic salary (starting at QAR 4,500 a month) and allowances, generous paid annual leave and comprehensive private medical insurance.
Our happy, supportive and tremendously successful primary team is proud to be one of the best in the world, and we are now looking for a Learning Support Practitioner to join us
LSPs work alongside teachers to support students’ social, emotional, and academic development both in the classroom and online. They work with individual students or small groups of students under the direction of the line manager.
To be considered for a vacancy, you should:
- Have relevant qualifications (minimum high school level), ideally with a teaching certification. These must be fully attested.
- Have significant experience supporting children in a safe, secure and appropriately challenging school environment.
- Be able to provide great references plus police clearance certificates from your home country, Qatar and any other countries you’ve lived in.
- Genuinely love what you do – showing plenty of enthusiasm, creativity
- Be a reliable and collaborative real team player, always prepared to go the extra mile and support your colleagues.
Our primary school – currently comprised of about 1,000 students – is a vibrant, fun and multicultural place of learning. It offers an engaging and warm environment, where children and staff alike are encouraged to investigate and develop their curiosity.
In Early Years and KS1, our students enjoy a thematic curriculum delivered through continuous provision (EYFS) or thematic/linked provision (KS1), plus specialist lessons for Arabic, Islamic Studies, PE and Music. Our class teachers are highly trained in programmes such as Talk 4 Writing and Read-Write-Inc, which we use to enrich the children’s learning. Each class is supported by a trained, experienced and qualified teaching assistant.
In KS2, our students enjoy a thematic curriculum plus specialist lessons for Arabic, Islamic Studies, PE and French. Our class teachers are highly trained in programmes such as Talk 4 Writing and Read-Write-Inc, which we use to enrich the children’s learning.
How to apply
Please email us your CV and covering letter.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of excellent applications we receive, we are unable to notify those who have not been shortlisted.