The French Department recognises that in our society, it is increasingly important to be able to understand and communicate in other languages. Languages contribute to the cultural and linguistic richness of our society, and it is our aim to prepare our learners for the ever-changing world ahead.
Our intention is to:
- Instil in students a love for French and an understanding of its importance in an increasingly globalised society.
- Teach students to communicate effectively and confidently in French.
- Give students a solid grammar base.
- Evolve students’ understanding of cultural aspects of France and Francophone countries.
- Stretch students’ learning experiences beyond the classroom with the use of authentic materials and extra-curricular activities.
- Inspire pupils to extend and pursue language learning outside the classroom.
Madame M. Bah