Tuition and fees structure
Stationery fees (levy)
A levy per term for classroom consumables is added to fee invoices. This covers Art, Science, and DT consumables; photocopying; stationery; and transport for school excursions.
All school fees in Qatar are set by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education, and are reviewed annually. School fees are therefore subject to change each year in accordance with Ministry instructions. The school will always make parents aware of any changes as soon as they are published.
School fees policy
- The student registration fee of QR3,213 is payable only once. It should be paid immediately an offer of a place is accepted. Failure to pay at this time will unfortunately result in the offer of the place at the school being withdrawn. The student registration fee is not refundable under any circumstances.
- All students must sit an assessment test before an offer is made. The E-assessment fee is a one-off payment of QR214 and is not refundable under any circumstances.
- Fees are invoiced by email termly at the beginning of each term.
- Term 1: Tuesday, 16th August 2022
- Term 2: Monday, 2nd January 2023
- Term 3: Tuesday, 25th April 2023
If a student joins at the beginning of the term, parents will be invoiced for the full term’s fees.
- If a student joins after the mid-point of the term or half-term holiday then parents will be invoiced for 50% of the termly fee (the middle of the term shall be defined as the mid-point between the first and last days of the term, excluding holidays).
- Fees must be paid by the due date on the invoice (as shown in the Payment Methods). Failure to pay fees on time may result in your child losing their place in the school.
- External examinations, such as IGCSE’s, A levels etc. and books for Arabic and Qatari History are all invoiced separately.
- Both registered students and new students are asked to pay a deposit fee to confirm the reservation of their place at QIS. This fee is deductible against Term 1 fees for that student. The deposit fee is not refundable under any circumstances.
- When a student is leaving the school, parents must give the school four weeks’ notice of the leaving date and this must be submitted online. Where insufficient notice is given, the leaving date shall be calculated as four weeks after the date of the leaving notice.
1- The student registration fee of QR3,213 is not refundable under any circumstances.
2- The students assessment fee QR214 is not refundable under any circumstances.
3- Fees paid in at the beginning of each term are partially refundable, as follows:
a) When the leaving date is after the start of the term but before the middle of the term, 50% of the term fees shall be refunded.
b) When the leaving date is after the middle of the term, none of the term fees shall be refunded.
Parents can pay for tuition and other fees by:
* Cash: Parents can pay cash at the administration building on the cashier side.
* Bank transfer to:
Bank name: Commercial Bank of Qatar – Grand Hamad Street
Account name: Qatar International School
IBAN NO: QA51 CBQA 0000 0000 4090 7199 7100 1
Swift code: CBQAQAQA
* Credit cards (Mastercard or Visa)