Art & Design Technology is a popular subject with all year groups and aims to improve and enhance existing skill levels and to provide enjoyable lessons in an informal classroom environment. We believe our students need to take an active role in developing their individual knowledge, understanding and skills as a student of A&DT and as a global citizen.
Through our curriculum we aim to:
- Encourage students to be creative and innovative when responding to design briefs
- Develop students’ problem solving skills through design and make activities
- Promote moral, cultural and environmental issues
- Promote equal opportunities for all
- Encourage students to work independently or as part of a team in order to problem solve
- Progress students’ knowledge, understanding and practical skills
- Equip each student with the necessary knowledge, understanding and skills required
We offer a varied and engaging KS3 curriculum that includes Art, Textiles, Graphics, and Resistant Materials projects designed for the British curriculum. The projects all encourage creativity and innovation in design and artistic outcomes.
Ks4 offers choices of course: Resistant Materials, Graphic Products, Art and Fashion & Textiles. All courses are delivered by subject specialists and we put mentors in place to support teachers as best as we can.
Ks5 students can select to pursue a course in either Product Design or Art. We are very proud of many of our students who have gone on to study and have successful careers in Architecture, Graphic Design and Engineering, to name but a few career pathways.
Click here to read more about our Art & DT Faculty.