Business & Economics Department
The Business and Economics Department has been steadily growing since its inception in 1994. There are 5 full-time teachers, including a Head and Deputy Head of the Department as well as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, who teaches in a part-time capacity. Each teacher has their own classroom located in our new, well-resourced Business Studies suite of rooms.
The inclusive education that the department provides, helps to prepare our students for the ever-evolving challenges of today’s world. Emphasis is placed on presenting outstanding lessons, raising student’s achievement and supporting them to fulfil their potential.
The Business and Economics Department offers a range of courses:
- International GCSE Business Studies and Economics (Cambridge International Education examination board).
- International AS/A-Level Business Studies and Economics (Cambridge International Education examination board).
- International GCSE Commerce 9 – 1 (Cambridge International Education examination board starting academic year 2021 – 2022).
- BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate in Business (Pearson examination board – introduced at the start of the 2019 – 2020 academic year).
- BTEC International Level 3 Certificate in Business (Pearson examination board – starting academic year 2021 – 2022).
Students consistently achieve outstanding results across our IGCSE and IAS/IAL subjects. These courses have proved to be very popular with the number of students opting for them increasing each year, consequently providing all the department’s teachers the opportunity to teach KS4 and KS5 classes.
In the Business and Economics department we aim to develop learners to think innovatively and independently. Studying Business and Economics enables students to understand the importance of business organisations, the development of economic well-being and financial capability. Students are encouraged to develop a range of transferable skills including critical-thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills. For the aspiring entrepreneurs and business leaders, students will gain the academic knowledge and skills to pursue global career opportunities in Business Management, Accountancy, HR, Banking, Marketing, Retail or simply running a business.
Miss L Wilson – Head of Business & Economics