Assistant School Nurse
Start date: 2nd January 2023
· Package: Competitive salary plus private medical insurance. Local hire / non-sponsored only.
We are proud to be one of the best international schools in the world. For academic year 2022 – 2023 (from term 2), we’re looking for an Assistant Nurse for our small but outstanding school clinic.
If you are an enthusiastic, fully licensed, experienced and well-qualified nursing professional – able to work well in a small team of nurses – we’d love to hear from you.
The successful candidate must speak, read and write English fluently; other languages may be considered an advantage. They must be proficient in all standard IT packages, including MS Office.
· Administer first aid and medical care to children and staff, accompanying patients to hospital if necessary.
· Help maintain all clinic supplies, equipment, records, resources and facilities to the highest standards in line with local regulations and best practice.
· Sensitively and appropriately communicate with parents when their children are taken ill, are injured or sent to hospital from school.
· Support as required with any medical issue in school.
· Administer treatments/medication such as EpiPen injections, asthma inhalers, nebulisers and insulin injections if required.
· Assisting in the care planning and management of students with long term medical conditions such as Diabetes, Epilepsy, Asthma etc.
· Assist with the safe, correct delivery of Ministry of Public Health programmes such as vaccinations (including TDAP), student vision, and growth monitoring.
· Follow school protocol for the checking and treatment of headlice.
· Help maintain accurate digital records of all clinic activity.
· Keep own nursing licences and any other required qualifications up to date.
· Work together effectively and complete all required training on time.
· Assist in administrative matters required for the efficient running of the clinic.
· Participate in all required training and courses.
· Be a friendly, efficient, reliable and responsible member of the whole-school team.
How to apply
Please send us your CV and covering letter directly on Recruitment@qis.org
We will be in touch with successful candidates promptly to arrange an initial interview online.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of excellent applications we receive, we are unable to notify those who have not been shortlisted.